Winter weather is no excuse to stop shaving your legs. Warm, cozy leggings and socks are great cover-ups, but there is nothing like the confident feeling of smooth legs…summer, fall, winter or spring.
But shaving? Yikes and ouch, right?
- Hairy legs are one issue, but getting rid of body hair that shows up exactly where you do not want it is another issue entirely.
There are many options for hair removal but none are as efficient as laser hair removal. At Westport, we offer the Cutera Excel HR laser technology…a comfortable and fast treatment for every skin type.
Laser hair removal is one of the most popular aesthetic procedures and the answer to unwanted body hair. It gently, quickly, safely and effectively removes or reduces unwanted facial and body hair. Laser Hair Removal is non-invasive and convenient.
- It works by using a beam of high-intensity light that penetrates skin to destroy the hair root, inhibiting future hair growth in the treated follicles.
The good things:
- Lasers precisely and selectively target dark, coarse hair while leaving surrounding skin undamaged.
- Laser treatments leave your skin smoother than shaving, waxing or electrolysis.
- Each pulse of the laser takes just a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at a time.
- Lasers treat an area approximately the size of a quarter every second.
- Most patients have permanent hair loss after three to seven treatments.
- The bikini line or upper lip can be treated in less than a minute.
- Larger areas may take up to an hour.
If you are unsure about laser hair removal, consider: If excess facial or body hair makes you feel self-conscious; if you wear clothing designed to cover unwanted hair; if your best efforts at DIY hair removal leave you with bumpy, ingrown hairs; if your razor is the one bathroom accessory you can’t live without…you would be a perfect candidate for laser hair removal.